Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that everyone is welcome to do!
Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree (or non-book bookworm items)
Instead of following instructions, I’ve chosen to do a list of 10 items I think every reader wouldn’t mind finding under their tree this Christmas.
- If you live in America and want something really original, Litographs make really cool T-shirts made up of text from the classic books!
- Everyone is stressed around this time of year, I definitely recommend bookish colouring books for your reader friend that is also in school or in a very stressful line of work! I used to have three, but my three sisters took one each, so now I’m left with none. It’s quite alright but grrr I want them back! Some really cool ones are the Harry Potter colouring books, a Narnia colouring book, and I bet a bunch more! They can be found in all bookshops anywhere.
- Another great idea are these super cool bookmarks that EVERYONE has been raving about. They’re super cool and I bet worth the hype… I’m talking about the crazy bookmarks with feet clipped to the end of them. They’re sold here on Etsy.
- I don’t know about you, but I love to read at night. And when I go home for the holidays my sister always gets annoyed when I keep the light on. So, she actually bought me a light that looks like a glow stick necklace. It was really bad but I would definitely get something similar if it was made better! So, if any inventors are reading this, make it happen!
- Funko have taken over the book community the past couple of years. They don’t have a very wide selection for readers but all the big book/movie franchises are included such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc etc. I really want Pop of Professor McGonagall
- Literary candles are all the rage right now! I really need a billion of these! One that I have my eye on is a soy candle called Fred & George that is sold on Etsy.
- Cups. Cups. Cups. And not protective ones! Because every reader drinks tea, that’s a fact! Or coffee… Hot beverages! And they need something to drink out of and nothing brings more joy to a reader than drinking out of something that makes them happy. RedBubble is my go to online shop for these kinds of things and you can find ANYTHING! I’m obsessed with this Adam Parrish mug.. Someone.. Please..
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook is amazing with a bunch of recipes of foods that have been featured in the books and movies! My fav video is included bellow:
- Every book-lover needs bookends, and there are many types! (1)(2)
- I hate when people buy books for holidays because usually they don’t know what I like. I’m very particular about the books I have… It’s a bad habit! If you want someone to have books for Christmas, get them a bloody gift card. But there is one book that defies this rule and should be read by everyone this Christmas. And that is… *drumroll please* A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness!